Different aproaches towards improvisation:
There are many different ways we can improvise. We just put
sounds and silence in a satisfying order. We can do that on traditional
instruments or just use a table, kitchen equipment, our voice, etc. We can do
that alone or with a group or even an orchestra.
This website deals with guitar, especially the classical nylon
guitar. Some people will come from the classical guitar tradition and have "only"
studied written repertoire, others will come from rock, pop or blues/ jazz
In the lessons, which I propose on this website I will give
ideas and excercises into different directions. It´s interesting, it seems to
me, to try to connect different traditions and come to new ways of expression
and new ways to explore the guitar.
2. ideas from classical contemporary music
3. ideas from flamenco
4. non musical inspiration (poetry, nature, personal relations,
5. improvisation as a way to practice composed music
6. improvisation as a way to study technique
7. improvisation in the lessons with children